Friday, May 25, 2007

Heralds of a new age

I attended the spring show at the Academy of Art student gallery last night. My mind is officially blown. The building, a new space at 610 Brannan, just down the street from the Concourse Exhibition center, is phenominal and looks rather fetching filled with all manor of vibrant creations. The show this year is about eight times bigger than last, as that is the proportionate difference in size between the old gallery at 79 New Montgomery and the new digs.

I go to school with a lot of talented folks. Makes me want to really up the ante on my stuff. (I thought the pieces I submitted were pretty good, but they looked like some kid's crayon drawing on a placemate at a corporate restaurant by comparison to the work that made the cut. I can't wait to learn from these people.)

If you're in the area, the show, which opened last night, runs for a month. Check it out.

No comments: